Tempered glass is a type of glass with even compressive stress on the surface which is made by heating float glass to nearly softening point and then cooling it down rapidly by air. During the instant cooling process, the exterior of glass is solidified due to rapid cooling while the interior of glass is cooled down relatively slowly. This process will bring the glass surface compressive stress and the interior tensile stress which can improve the mechanical strength of glass by germination and result in good thermal stability. We are a tempered glass manufacturer that produces quality tempered glass for our clients.
We Supply Laminated Glass & Other Glass Products
Tempered Safety Glass
- Safety: Glass is not easy to be broken when attacked. Broken glass particle is of honeycomb shape with obtuse angles which would not cause serve hurt to human body.
- High mechanical-resistant strength: Impact-resistant strength of tempered glass is 3-5 times higher than that of float glass of same thickness.
- Thermal stability: Thermal stability of tempered glass is 3 times higher than that of float glass of same thickness. Tempered glass can withstand sudden temperature shift of 220°C-250°C while float glass can only withstand shift of 70°C-100°C. when tempered glass suffers rapid cooling of a certain extent, the internal tensile stress and compressive stress on the surface can offset due to opposite stress direction. When tempered glass is heated extremely, compressive stress is generated on the surface of glass which is as double as tensile. Therefore, tempered glass also can withstand certain level of rapid heating up.
Heat Strenghten Glass
Heat-strengthened glass, has the same production method as tempered glass, that is to heat up the glass to softening point nearby, and then rapidly cooled down. During the instant cooling procession, cooling rate caused by wind pressure is lower than tempered glass, therefore, temperature variance between intermediate level and superficial level is relatively smaller and stress is relatively smaller accordingly.
- High intensity: Mechanical strength of heat-strengthened glass is as 1.5-2 times as annealed glass.
- Thermal ability: Variance of the heat-strengthened glass heat resistant is as high as 130°C-170°C, which can fully withstand the impact of temperature difference on middle glass and side glass from intense solar, keeping unbroken.
- Prevention from self destruction: Compared with tempered glass, self destruction would not happen to heat-strengthened glass, which is its biggest advantage.
- Stress residue: When heat-strengthened glass is destructed, its special stress structure enables fragments maintain in the frame, unlike tempered glass that will become particle falling down. This advantage of heat-strengthened glass saves much time when doing replacement of glass. And after destructed, every fragment remains a certain residual stress. Therefore, it still has anti-impact ability to some extent.
- High degree of plainness: compared with tempered glass, because of small cooling stress and slow cooling rate during production, degree of plainness of heat-strengthened
Double Glazing Unit (DGU)
DGU is made of two or more than two pieces of glass between which a space with certain width is partitioned by Super Spacer or aluminum frame filled with highly efficient molecular absorbent. The edge of insulating glass is sealed by high strength sealing sealants. To ensure the performance of DGU, double sealing must be used. Butyl should be used for the first sealing, polysulfide rubber or silicon structural sealants should be chosen according to glazing manner.
- Thermal Performance: Heat insulation performance of DGU is the most ideal among all processed glass products available in market. Heat transfer coefficient K value can be effectively reduced by DGU. If inert gas as neon, argon, helium is filled, heat transfer coefficient can be further dramatically reduced.
- Sound Insulation Performance: DGU is ideal sound insulating material. Normal DGU can reduce noise by 30 decibel, DGU filled with inert gas can further reduce 5 decibel.
- Anti-dew under Low Temperature: AS DGU is filled with enough desiccant, it can effectively absorb the vapor in the inner space or penetrated from outside to ensure the gas in inner space is absolutely dry and won’t dew.
- Optical Performance: Various glass substrates can be used for DGU to meet the request of sunlight transmission and reflection.
- Light Weight: Under the same condition heat insulation, the replacement of partial brick wall or concrete with IGU can reduce load of building and simplify building structure.
Laminated Safety Glass
Laminated glass is made of two or more than two pieces of glass which one layer or multilayers of PVB with strong cohesion is sandwiched under high temperature and pressure. The appearance and installation method of laminated glass sandwiched with transparent PVB film are the same with normal glass, but much more durable.
- Safety: Tenacity of PVB is fairly good. It can quickly absorb and weaken a mass of striking energy when laminated glass is attacked by outside force. Therefore, laminated glass is hard to be penetrated and can remain integrally in the frame even when it is broken. Therefore, laminated glass is the true safety glass.
- Sound Insulation: PVB can effectively prevent sound wave. Sound wave can be obviously weakened when it goes through laminated glass so that noise disturbance in office or living environment is reduced. Anti-UV: Laminated glass can effectively prevent UV (as high as more than 99% of UV) which can protect the valuable furniture, exhibit and artwork etc. from discoloring from UV.
- Security: Because it is not possible to cut laminated glass by glass cutter and it is time costing and loud sound would be caused to penetrate laminated glass by other instruments, it is rather difficult to enter the house by cutting or breaking laminated glass and it is easy to be discovered. Therefore, laminated glass has strong resistance function to evil destruction, robbery and violence.
- Anti-explosion: Multi-layer laminated glass can be made into various products of anti-bullet, anti-bombing and anti-explosion.
- Hurricane and earthquake resistance: Laminated glass’s high persistent and strong cohesion enable the fragments remain in place, thus it is suitable for hurricane and earthquake zone.
Various Uses of Our Glass
- You can use our high performance glass for the purpose of insulating a building and reducing the energy needs for thermal conditioning. Our insulated glass units like the low E double or the triple glazing are highly energy efficient.
- Our solar control glass is extremely efficient in reducing the energy that is needed by the air conditioning systems of buildings. This if added to the energy saved that is needed for the production, transportation and installation of the glass in a building, causes a lot of energy to be saved.
- Glass for interiors: being the largest glass manufacturer, our company promotes various products that are used extensively for decorative purposes and that are used for the interiors, be it offices, buildings or homes.
- Glass for exteriors : Our various glass products and the wide variety of glass are highly useful for being used for the exteriors. Various buildings these days are switching over to glass facade for the latter’s capability to provide energy efficiency as well as being decorative.
- Glass and glass products are a part of our daily lives. Unknowingly we use so many glass products, that they have become an imminent part of our daily routine. Though glass is a hard material, it is fragile and has to be handled with care. It is mainly composed of sand and an alkali. These materials are fused together at high temperatures, nearly the molten viscous state and then are rapidly cooled to form a rigid structure.
We as producers of glass and glass products, produce a large variety of glass. The variety of glass usually depends on the end use and the special applications require adequate properties which are produced accordingly. We produce a large variety of glass, the most popular and demanded ones being the tempered glass, laminated glass and glass for decorative purposes. Here is a brief description of each of these types of glass:
- Tempered glass – as the glass today has made its way into being used in doors, building facades, side and rear windows of automobiles, basketball backboards and various other special purposes, a quality of glass that can withstand blows has been developed. Our tempered glass is produced like a simple glass that has been treated with heat specially. Although it looks, weighs and feels just like normal glass, our tempered glass is much stronger. The tempered glass from our company is hard to break even with a hammer therefore it is used in applications where really tough glass is required.
- Laminated glass – as the name suggests, laminated glass is the glass that is laminated in order to provide it protection from being broken and in case, it does break, the lamination holds the glass from flying in all directions. Thus we produce laminated glass by combining alternate layers of plastics and flat glass. The outside glass layer may break if struck by an object but the inside plastic layer stretches as it is elastic and thus holds the broken pieces of glass. Our laminated glass is thus highly used in the automobile industry as windshield glass.
- Decorative glass – our company produces a wide range of glass that is used for decorative purposes. Our exquisite decorative glass products are powered by the latest graphic and film technology that provide the etched effects and achieve the grandeur of an exquisite and elaborate mural. We specialize in the production of decorative glass films and other decorative glass that create an elegant ambience with customized solutions to suit any need and decor. The decorative glass films being produced by our company are impressive in the sense that they exhibit a fine blend of technology and innovation. These decorative films combine functional utility with aesthetics to provide unmatched privacy and ambience.
- Our decorative glass partitions are used for the customized needs of the users and the glass windows and doors create impressive effects. Our decorative and safety glass films are radiation resistant and are best suited for windows surfaces and partitions. We provide a wide variety of shatter resistant and sun control glass films with varying textures and patterns. All our products are cost efficient and cost a fraction when compared to the traditional etched glass.
For all your glass and glass products’ needs, you can simply call or mail our dealers and our representatives would contact you to get in all the details.